The Cavalier Reimagined
Closed for Renovations – Reopening in 2017
Experience the renaissance of Virginia’s most iconic hotel and the transformation of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront with our bold plans to restore the historic Cavalier Hotel. Along with our partners, Gold Key | PHR has a unique vision for this national landmark and is excited to share our development plans with the public.
- The Cavalier hotel, which was built in 1927, will be preserved and restored with the utmost care.
- The historic Cavalier will reopen in 2017 as a 5-star member of Marriott’s distinguished Autograph Collection.
- Gold Key | PHR will work with construction firm WM Jordan and residential developers to demolish the Cavalier Oceanfront tower and construct a full service upscale Marriott hotel that will offer a host of amenities including world-class dining.
- The Cavalier Beach Club will also be reinvented to offer stellar amenities, panoramic views and outstanding food and beverage offerings to once again become the most desired event venue in the state of Virginia and beyond.
- Development plans also include the construction of a “residential village,” headed by Frye Properties, which will consist of 82 units with a variety of housing options for families, couples and professional singles who want to take advantage of first-class amenities at the beach.